Pharmacy Workforce Development South
Pharmacy Workforce Development South (PWDS) are a leading NHS Pharmacy Education & Training Provider and regional workforce development team.
Hosted within University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW), PWDS work on behalf of South West NHS Hospital Trusts and in partnership with Health Education England South Pharmacy to meet the training and development needs of the pharmacy workforce across the South West, Thames Valley and Wessex regions.
PWDS programmes are also available to non-NHS organisations within the South regions and to the pharmacy workforce across the United Kingdom.
To support pharmacy service improvements and drive workforce development through the design and delivery of relevant, high quality and successful education and training programmes and services.
To inspire, support and develop the pharmacy workforce to optimise knowledge, skills and competence for the delivery of safe and effective healthcare services for patients and the public, now and in the future.
PWDS places a high value on:
- Collaborative and supportive working with our partners and stakeholders and within our team
- Contributing to wider regional and national development of education standards and frameworks
- The innovation and future development of our programmes to provide excellent and engaging training
- Understanding the needs of pharmacy services and working with stakeholders to develop innovative training solutions that meet these needs
- The design and delivery of successful, affordable, quality assured educational development programmes
- The expertise and experience of highly skilled pharmacy professionals employed within the team to lead on each of the PWDS programmes
- The contribution of occupational and education expertise from across the workforce to influence design and support the delivery of PWDS programmes
- Planning for organisational, regulatory and political changes that impact on the pharmacy workforce
- The support of growth, continuous professional development and lifelong learning within our team and the wider pharmacy workforce
- To ensure all PWDS programmes and services are delivered with a focus on professionalism, quality and patient safety
- To remain up to date with service and educational developments to ensure all programmes remain current, relevant and fit for purpose
- To value the knowledge, skills and expertise of our pharmacy workforce and to provide opportunities for pharmacy professionals to contribute to the design, development and delivery of PWDS programmes
- To identify opportunities for innovation, both in programme delivery and programme design
- To lead by example, role-modelling professionalism, honesty, integrity, inclusivity and occupational expertise at all times
- To provide support and professional guidance to trainees, educational and practice supervisors, assessors and employers accessing PWDS programmes and services
- To do all we can to implement and promote environmental sustainability through our processes, products and services
- To promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our programmes and as an employer
PWDS training programmes are developed to the highest standard and mapped to appropriate education standards & national frameworks including those provided by: